Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1940s Star Safety Razor with Case and Blades

1940s Star Safety Razor with Case and Blades
RICHARDS RAZORS;  MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!


  1940s Star Razor Division of the American safety razor Corp. Gillette type,
in a slide open plastic case. Made during and after World War II the case is
similar to contemporaneous Gem and Synflex military razors, this is the RW version.
The razor and case are in "VERY GOOD" vintage condition. The outside of the
top blade plate has a bit of plate loss, but nothing too severe. Also included
with this wonderful collectible are five NOS envelopes of Clix DE razor blades.
As always please be sure to look at the pictures as they are a true
representation of this great razor kit.
 
  These are nice razors, somewhat mild shavers. The Star DE is an under
appreciated razor for sure! Slightly more aggressive than a Gillette Tech
and very well mannered, shaves more like a Gillette Super Speed than a Tech.
The deep knurling on the handle makes it easy to hang on to. Given its condition,
it is certainly worth the asking price! I thought that it was slightly more
aggresive than the Tech, which was a plus. I beleive that these were made in basically the
second, quarter of the twentieth century ('25-'50 ish).

 

 The handle is very grippy. All in all, a very nice little razor. This is
definitely a very mild shaver. I don't think you could cut yourself with
this thing even if you tried. I found I had to do a full third pass,
instead of my usual 2 pass + clean up. That said it was a fine shaver. They
were made in the late 40s to early 60s by American Safety Razor, who owns
the Star brand. They are a bit more aggressive than a tech. Nice hefty
handles. The Star Division of American safety razor Corp. Brooklyn New York
trademark first used in 1944 the double edge razor, Gillette type.



RICHARDS RAZORS;  MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE!
PRICE $55.00 OBO
SHIPPING FREE CONTINENTAL USA


RICHARDS RAZORS;  MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE! 
http://www.ioffer.com/selling/rickcaron2008
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/rckandrews45
http://richardsrazors.ecrater.com/
http://instantfinder.com/RICHARDSRAZORS


PAYPAL ONLY
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST:  DEPENDS WHERE BUYER IS LOCATED.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS:  I WILL NOT ALTER SELLING OR SHIPPING PRICE OR MARK AS A GIFT, I SHIP ONLY
USPS MAIL OUTSIDE OF U.S.A.
INSURANCE IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BUYER.








Terms of Sale:

When I describe an object as 'VINTAGE' or 'ANTIQUE' they will have the typical wear and tear you
would expect with an older piece. Light scratches, scuffing & crazing and such like would be
expected as opposed to a NEW condition. If an item is in MINT condition I will say so. If an item
has any major issues - dents, deep marks, stains or heavy scratches etc. I will bring these to your
attention in my description.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment